Hello, My name is Joe.
I've always enjoyed making things. When I was younger I was a musician and made an album. After that, I was a chef and made a lot of food for a lot of people. So of course the natural progression from all that was to make funny things and put them on folded paper. That's not sarcasm; that's just sound logic.
In all honesty, the philosophy behind PaperFreckles is a motto I've lived by for a long time: "Life itself can be silly sometimes, so why not return the favor?" I make cards that poke fun at life, love, religion, and just about anything else I can get my hands on. And it's all because I think folks are far better off when they can smile and laugh a little each day and just be a little "Seriously Unserious" for a while.
Objectively Interesting Facts About Me:
- My wife Coleen started PaperFreckles; then I stole it from her :)
- We have 2 Great Pyrenees that expect car rides and french fries every Sunday - OR ELSE.
- I was born in Roanoke, Virginia but have lived in Charleston, Cape Cod, Florida, Richmond and D.C.
- I was accepted to ECU for percussion, but decided to drop out of Virginia Tech instead.
- I love animals, but have a particular soft spot for dogs and sharks and will ask them their names if allowed.
- Before you even ask, YES, I'm always up for nachos.